Monday, October 13, 2008

(13 October 2008)

Dear Family and Friends, (13 October 2008)

This week during weekly planning I followed the prompting I received and called Andres Pretorius to see if we could come read the Book of Mormon with him and his family. I was a little apprehensive at first, but I knew I needed to do it. I was pleased to hear him accept our invitation. We are going to see them this Thursday.
On Saturday we met a wonderful guy named Wellington. He told us that before we had shared our message he had the belief that there was only one church. When we shared a brief lesson 1, because of time, he told us he believed us. We set an appointment to see him this Thursday. He told us that he was excited for our next visit.
Heather, the lady who volunteers at Broken Wings came to church with us. I think she enjoyed it a lot. It was a fast and testimony meeting, and the members were quite good at making her feel welcomed. After church we went to a braai at her home, we met her friends and her husband, and made friends with them.
Also this past Sunday we went to a fireside where Elder Holland spoke. He was physically within eyesight of me, it was awesome. The Sandton chapel, where he was speaking, was overflowing with people. What I thought was very powerful was how he bore his testimony and then said “this is the truth” with a brief pause after it. He stated that the second coming started with the boy Joseph’s visitation from the Father and the Son. We are in the second coming now, it has started. There will never again be an apostasy. The church of the Lamb will present the church to the Lamb when He comes, how interesting is that. Christ will not come again unless there is His organization to accept Him with the saints. That’s why it started with Joseph Smith. There is just too much to learn. I love the prophets and the apostles. Elder Holland also told us that we are blessed because we have this knowledge that there are prophets and apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ here on the earth in our days. Me, being here on a mission for Jesus Christ is a dream come true, I love it. Many times I pray that I can increase in my abilities as a missionary. I hope that I will increase in power as I am here, not decrease. I hope these emails are a joy to those who read them. Thank you.

Elder Lane

No comments: